1998 Dodge Cummins 12 Valve Wiring Diagram

Joined

·

25 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone have or tell me where to find a complete engine /pcm wiring diagram and pin out diagram for pcm connectors? I'm in the process of putting a 12v into my 99 24v and have the 98 12v pcm but can't find a wiring harness so I was going to see about making my own harness. I have a 96 12v engine harness and the 99 24v harness so I should have ask the connectors I need to make my own harness.

Joined

·

1,758 Posts

Look in the sticky threads at the top of this forum, it has an electronic version of the early 98 FSM for free.

Cowboy303

Joined

·

4,367 Posts

Joined

·

1,758 Posts

Once you get the manual you can see the pin outs in section 8W-80-54, 57, 60 I think.

I find it best to open it in the Adobe Reader rather than a browser. Then the CTRL+F find function works pretty good. Since it depends upon OCR, it is not perfect.

Section 14-117 starts a fair description of the PCM and its inputs and outputs.

The wiring schematics have further details.

There is an overview sketch available for most years, but I could not locate one for the 98 this morning. They came in the FSM for earlier years, and in the diagnostic manuals for later years.

Joined

·

1,758 Posts

The early 98 12 v has many similarities to the 97, but some important differences as well. Much more of the info on the 98 was transmitted over the data bus - to the instrument panel say - where the 96-97 had electrical signals for that. So a 97 ppm diagram (which I do have a link for) is of limited value.

I also have the impression (just from reading on this site) that the 98 PCM has a more delicate PCM board and more problems, more failures than the 96-97. The more delicate PCM board makes it harder to repair and fewer aftermarket repair companies would deal with it.

Joined

·

25 Posts

Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thank you guys this will help a ton. Yeah the only way to get my dash to work in the 99 with the 12v is to run the 98 pcm and wiring. I found a harness on eBay but of course they want $995. Figure I have a 96 harness and the 99 so I should be able to make my own harness seeing I have everything.

Loud Pedal

Joined

·

2,195 Posts

I also have the impression (just from reading on this site) that the 98 PCM has a more delicate PCM board and more problems, more failures than the 96-97. The more delicate PCM board makes it harder to repair and fewer aftermarket repair companies would deal with it.

Thank you for that!! Now, instead of being a hoarder, I'm smart because I bought a second/backup PCM.

Posted by: carrolpetrakisss.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.cumminsforum.com/threads/98-engine-pcm-wiring-diagram.2303466/

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Naval Blue Kitchen Cabinets Pictures Colors Of Wood : Our Favorite Blue Kitchen Cabinet Paint Colors Christopher Scott Cabinetry / Give your kitchen a bright new look with kitchen cabinets in colors and designs that suit your decorating style.

Twin Bed Xl : Croscill Townhouse Comforter Set | Bed Bath & Beyond : Find twin xl beds at lowe's today.

2000 Ford F150 Fuel Pump Relay Location - Fuel Pump Pressure and Regulator Test - YouTube / 2004 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009.